- Back to Home »
- Structured Cabling Services - The Basics
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Structured data cabling makes business data networking smooth, effective and trouble-free. The service is considered more safe and powerful compared to other forms of networking practices; especially wireless networks.
Advantages of Structured Data Cabling
· The communication system is fast, reliable and cost-effective and suitable for any infrastructure.
· It is suitable for both data and voice networks and is flexible for moving and relocation.
· Effective sharing minimizes the number of peripherals needed and devices needed and ensure better ROI.
· Structured cabling comes with proper planning and design and it is better scalable to future improvements and additions.
· The system is suitable for both data and voice transfer.
· Structured cabling systems ensure better data encryption, safety and storage.
Today companies rely very heavily on their communication and connectivity and are technology-driven. This is made structured networking services very important for businesses. Now the services cover much more things to offer better connectivity and additional benefits.
Features of Structured Cabling Services
Generally a structured networking work include the following steps.
· Planning - Designing the network structure according to office and building setup and the features needed.
· Estimate - Calculating the total cost of cable, components, networking devices and labor.
· Equipment Room(s) - Include planning and installation of server, power supply, storage and backup systems, connection points, switches, hubs, etc. at proper positions. Also, include installation of cabinets and racks.
· Installation - Include rendering the cables from the switch/hub and installing node points. This also includes configuring nodes and server and installing peripheral devices.
· Adding Devices and Features - Include installing peripheral devices like printers, modems, scanners, camera systems, etc. and properly configuring and sharing the devices.
· Ensuring connectivity of the network and securing the data flow.
Upgrading of current networking structure to a more effective structured cabling service is always a good choice. Many times, the networking company can help you with effectively use your existing devices, cables and resources to reduce overall cost and work. Today's structured cabling systems are implemented in a way that it helps businesses to run additional services like VoIP, telephone systems, VPN services, Video Conferencing, selective network access, selective internet access, automated data backup and cloud computing. Many times, a combination of wired and wireless devices are used to reduce cost and enhance effectiveness.
Finding the right structured cabling company, using the right products and creating a good network infrastructure are key steps for successful data cabling. Now there are many local, statewide and national service providers available offering custom cabling solutions. A business should also sure about the present and future networking requirements.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7678001