Friday, May 24, 2013

scaled-2079

In lieu of a formal review, Matt Burns and I sat down to take a look at the Samsung 700T AKA ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T, a convertible tablet that has a small button on the keyboard that pops out the Windows 8 tablet that forms the brains of the machine. The device is a bit chintzy – more pressed metal and injected plastic than I like to see on a laptop – but at about $1,000 retail it’s an acceptable compromise for Win8 users who are looking for a nicer tablet.

I gave this device a Fly simply because I like the idea – a laptop that turns into a tablet with much fuss – but Matt was unimpressed. A little treat for you: this thing was so hard to describe that I had to read the name off of my phone and I still mispronounced it.

The laptop hit about 6 hours of battery life and a Geekbench score of about 4,000, on par with the i5 tablets we tested. The lower price – especially at this late in the game for this laptop, make it an interesting choice for a fleet laptop but I think the fit, finish, and power could detract from its overall appeal. It’s an interesting laptop, to be sure, but not the best of the bunch.


John Biggs 25 May, 2013


-
Source: http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/24/laptop-week-review-samsung-700t-fly-or-die/
--
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

Trending Topic

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © 2013 Technology News -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -