Instagram is an app for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android
that allows users to share and upload photos within the Instagram community or
across social networks. To get followers on Instagram, try the following tips
and techniques to get more followers!
- If you would like to require authorization before other Instagram users can follow you and view your photos, click the “@(YourUserName)" tab, scroll to the bottom of the page, and switch the “Photos are private” toggle to “ON”. You will be prompted to confirm the decision, click “Yes, I’m sure”.
- When attempting to add location data to photos, the Instagram app will prompt you to "Allow" or "Don't Allow" access to your device's location information.
- Follow anyone who says they will follow back - they do!
- Posting good pictures should help you get more followers.
- Follow as many people as you can. About 1/2 of the people you follow will follow back.
- Use hash tags, it will help get followers.
- If your friends don't follow you on instagram, and you're following them- remind them to!
- Make sure to like and leave comments on other people's photos so they see your profile and maybe decide to follow you.
- Only post on instagram things you would say In real life. If you are not a sports person off the Internet, don't go around saying you're a huge fan of softball on instagram. Be honest. If you're not, It will just confuse people and they won't follow you.
- Put popular hashtags on your all your Instagram photos!
- Follow super-stars.
- Follow a lot of people.
- Don't unfollow people when they follow you back, they notice and will also unfollow you. There are also apps that detect who's followed/unfollowed you.
- Try liking random people's photos. There is a 8/10 chance that they will follow back. Try liking people that have less than 400 followers.
- Be popular in school and know if they have an Instagram.
- Don't be shy to post pictures of yourself. You are beautiful no matter what they say!
- Do not tag hundreds of irrelevant things for example if its a picture of your Starbucks cup don't tag #summer #tumblr #cuteboy that's just annoying & also false advertising.
- Don't be rude to your followers! They will unfollow you.
- Like photos, but do not spam a certain user. Then, all they will be able to see is that you liked all their photos, not if someone else mentioned them.
- Post only once or twice a day so that you don't spam your followers news feed with too many photos.
- Comment on other people's photos there is a 70% chance that they follow you if you comment, than if like their photos.
- Follow people who follow you back eg: Flufflingqueen
- Be funny!
- Most people follow back. Try following more people for more followers.
- Don't beg for shoutouts, it's annoying. (Ex: @coolkidsdanceon can I have a shoutout plz!).
- Make fan signs for them so you they will follow you.
- Like pictures of people that have common fields of interest. For instance #jewelrydesign or #architecture.
- Be who you are not who everyone else wants you to be!
- Don't take random pics of yourself. Only put pics that are worth seeing (exciting things).
Source : www.wikihow.com