- Back to Home »
- Technologies That May Emerge in 2014
Sunday, May 1, 2011
There used to be a time when gadgets and devices of today were impractical to implement or were just a concept. Realization of these concepts slowly came into existence as technology scientists focused their efforts for their respective inventions. Even today's economy is more based on new concepts and their implementation to stand out in the global market. Organizations deploy full-time dedicated research department to come up with new concepts using existing as well as new technologies to provide highly sophisticated product.
Some of the technologies that may emerge in upcoming years are discussed here. These technologies are based on the studies and research practices which are conducted by large and independent organizations.
- Smart-watches: Different smartphone companies like Apple, Samsung and Google are said to be working on creating computing devices which can be worn as a Wrist Watch. Though not officially announced, but insights from different independent organizations show that something is going on about it. Google even filed a patent for their smart-watch design in October 2012 but hasn't declared when the product will hit the market.
- Brainwave Authentication: Researchers at University of California at Berkley's school of Information mentioned about their study on creating a more secure authentication protocol. Instead of using conventional password protection methods, these researchers used a Bluetooth headset called NeuroSky Mindset to identify the wave patterns and activities inside the emotion and concentration dominant areas of a brain to unlock the system.
- Bitcoin is the future of digital currency and is quite popular over the web these days. Though not practiced in all the areas, Bitcoin is secure, anonymous and simple to use and manage for a variety of online transactions. The major problem with Bitcoin which hinders its acceptance is its peer-to-peer and decentralized nature. The absence of a central regulatory authority fluctuates its value exponentially, citation for which can be seen in its sudden rise in value from $5 to $250 and then sudden shrink of about $150 per Bitcoin.
- 3-D Printing: The concept of printing solid objects using a printing machine guided with a computer program has gained tremendous popularity. Though the concept is not new, the extension of the concept is being practiced nowadays which aims at printing a whole building using giant 3-D printers.
As the concepts and creativity matures with time, the efforts in realizing them also increase each year. Importance of research in the field of technology can be experienced with the current practices of businesses on innovation.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7670371